Summer is in full swing and whether we’re at the beach or by the pool, the best foods to cool us off are often the least healthy. Here are few healthy options that will keep you feeling cool, even when it’s hot.
• Frozen grapes or cherries – When the temperature soars, there’s nothing better than a frozen treat to cool you down. Instead of ice cream, have a bag of frozen grapes or cherries in the freezer to satisfy your sweet tooth and keep you cool.
• Raspberries – Ripe all summer long, raspberries are perfect sprinkled over cereal, blended in smoothies or tossed in a summer salad.
• Mangos – If you’re craving something creamy, try making a mango smoothie. This tropical treat is high in fiber and will thicken up any blended beverage.
• Watermelon – This thirst-quencher is a great substitute for soda, or the perfect afternoon snack after a day in the sun. Since it’s mostly water, it contains very few calories.
• Unsweetened, iced green tea – Stay cool by the pool while sipping this long-time favorite. It can lower your cholesterol while boosting your metabolism.